Below is an outline of common static website problems, our solutions, and some of the many benefits you will gain once your site has been converted to a CMS.
Common Website Problems
- No updating – static sites are difficult to update
- No search function – users cannot search your site to find the content they are looking for
- Limited features – user login, forums, mailing lists, and calendar features require custom code and are expensive to implement
- Install an open source content management system (CMS)
- Move your existing content into it
- Train you to use the CMS and update your website yourself
- The ability to update and change your content anytime using a web browser
- Your site’s content will be displaying using current web standards. This increases accessibility and makes your content more “future proof“
- The CMS has built-in search capability
- Room to grow – Easily add forums and other community building features, have users subscribe to newsletters, and much more
- You are not stuck with a single web developer – your CMS is an open source software product understood by thousands of users and developers.